GENERAL TEAM INFORMATION
Committing to a GO Team will require team members to commit to team activities at least 3-4 months prior to the trip’s departure date. Team members are required to attend weekly team meetings, participate in fundraisers and various other activities. Teams generally close 4-5 months before departure to allow for team bonding & preparation. They are also generally limited to a maximum of 15 persons per team but due to COVID-19 some teams may be limited to a maximum of 10 people. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we would love to talk with you more!
Also, don’t let money be the reason you don’t go!
(See Fundraising section below for more info.)
STEPS TO APPLY FOR A GO TEAM
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
- Fill Out An Application
General application information:
- We have a lot of applications! If you are unsure of which application to complete, please contact us before you begin – we would be happy to help!
- Please complete everything in its entirety to help us get to know you better as we prepare your team to serve internationally.
- Once we have received all documents, we will review your application and contact you regarding your acceptance and/or with any questions or concerns.
- Please complete everything for each individual (adult or child) who is applying to a GO Team
- Fill out a Global Outreach Application.
- Choose 2 people to be a reference for you and send them a link to the corresponding reference form. Please do this before or at the same time as when you submit your application. Your application is not complete until we receive both of your references back.
- Pastoral Reference (From a WOL Pastor, Elder or Small Group Leader. Or a Pastor or Small Group Leader from applicant’s church) – send them the Pastoral Reference link
- Personal Reference (From an Employer, Teacher, Co-worker or Friend) – send them the Personal Reference link
Please fill out a Mexico Application.
MEXICO WEEKEND Teams
- Have A Valid Passport
- For all teams, including Mexico, a passport is required
- If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date
- Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date
- Turn In Your Deposit
- Before you will be officially accepted on any GO Team, we must receive a full deposit
- The deposit must come from the individual (or parent/family member of a minor) apply for the team
- If you are not able to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you
- If funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, deposits, etc.) you will be refunded any unspent funds
- Deposit amounts: GO Teams = $300 or Mexico weekend teams = $60
- You can pay your deposit in one of the following ways:
- Pay online by clicking here
- Write a check to WOL or Water of Life
- Pay cash
- Checks or cash can be turned in any of the following ways:
- Bring to the Administration Office located at 14418 Miller Ave, Suite K, Fontana, CA, 92336, open Monday-Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm and
- Place in a tithe box in the Front Lobby
- Please clearly mark the envelope “Global Outreach, Your Name, Team Name”
- Turn into any tithe box at any WOL campus during any service. Please clearly mark the tithe envelope “Global Outreach, Your Name, Team Name”
- Ask for God’s will: How does He wants to use you to serve globally this year? Where does He want to transform you more this year?
- Spiritual preparation: Pray for God to prepare you, your Team Leader and your team members
- Financial provision: Pray for you and your team’s finances
Don’t let money be the reason you don’t go!
The Global Outreach Department believes if God is calling you to go, He WILL provide a way! GO will walk with you and your team to provide fundraisers, support and guidance to make sure you and your team are sent out. Historically, GO provided teams with opportunities to fundraise an average of 25% of their team’s total trip cost! Check out our Ways to Get Involved page for more information on current fundraisers.
Be encouraged…the Global Outreach Department is here to help you GO and continue your journey with God!
CONNECT WITH US
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us:
Phone: 909.463.0103 x4182