Uganda Team 1
Dates: May 19-June 2, 2018
Trip Focus: prayer, hygiene item distribution, worship, and assisting those in poverty
Trip Difficulty: Maturity needed- high exposure to extreme poverty and degradation
Trip Cost Range: $2,500 – $2,800
Ministry Partner Information:
The organization called His Sickles is our partner, led by Uche Izuora, he is a Nigerian Missionary, who has been working in and among South Sudanese for over 11 years. Because of the great unrest in the South Sudan, two million South Sudanese Refugees have poured into Northern Uganda, the location of our trip. Arua, a small city in Uganda on the Congo border, is our destination. From this location, we will do ministry among pastors, refugees, and pray for many who are severely traumatized from loss and horrific events. We will befriend children, love on the poverty stricken and give assistance to those in need.
Steps to apply for a MERIT Team:
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
2. Fill out all necessary forms
If you are unsure about which Application Packet to complete, please contact us BEFORE downloading one!
3. Make sure you have a valid passport (see below)
4. Turn in your deposit to secure your spot (pending acceptance to a team)
- Deposit for all teams = $300
- Deposit must come from the individual applying for the team
- If you are unable to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you or held for you to use towards a future team in the same calendar year.
- If any funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, etc.) you will receive back any funds that have not been spent.
- For God’s will. Ask how God wants to use you to serve globally this year.
- For spiritual preparation. Pray for God to prepare you and your team’s hearts.
- For financial provision for you and your team.
For all MERIT teams, a passport is required. If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date. Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date. To renew or apply for a passport, please visit the US State Department’s website for the most current information: travel.state.gov/passport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at Normb@wateroflifecc.org or by calling us at 909.463.0103 x4114.