How to Create a Monthly Spending Plan
Developing a budget can seem impossible. That's why we've developed a 3 step process to help you create and implement a budget that will help you achieve your financial goals.
1. Determine your current income and spending.
- Record your income and spending by category for the next 30 days.
- Or, access the information for the past 30 days from your operating accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, etc.).
- Add all expenses for each category to get the total. (Download and use tracking by category form.)
- Assign each expense a category.
2. Create your budget.
- Download the monthly spending plan form.
- Enter the category totals you gathered in step 1 in the “Actual From Register” column.
- Now, watch this video on how to create your budget using this form.
3. Live the budget.
- Download the budget tool.
- Now, watch this video on how to use this budget tool to live out your budget.
Download Budget Tools
Download Monthly Spending Plan
Download Tracking by Category